Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh, the Dutch.

Stranger: hee
You: Hi.
Stranger: what's your name?
You: Steph.
Stranger: my name is Manon
Stranger: where do you come from?
You: That's a cool name.
You: I'm from Billings Park, OH
Stranger: OH?
You: Ohio.
Stranger: oah:)
Stranger: I'm not that smart
You: Where are you from, Manon?
Stranger: the Netherlands
You: Oh, is that in America?
Stranger: no
You: Oh.
Stranger: it's a country in Europe
Stranger: it's called holland too
You: There are countries in Europe?
Stranger: yes
You: I thought Europe was a country
Stranger: no
You: oh.
Stranger: in Europe are 30 countries
You: Well, that's strange.
Stranger: and Europe is a continent
You: In America, there's only 1 country.
Stranger: yes I know
Stranger: but there are many states
You: That's so crazy!
Stranger: but Holland is a very small land
You: yeah, there's like 50 or something.
Stranger: I think Holland is smaller than a state
You: Yeah. Probably.
Stranger: but we don't talk English here
You: Oh. Why not?
You: You should.
Stranger: we have our one language
You: What language are you talking now?
Stranger: here in Holland?
Stranger: Dutch
You: Yeah.
You: Like dutch apple pie?
Stranger: yes
You: that stuff is soooooo good.
Stranger: that's from here!
You: Do you make that?
Stranger: I can't make an apple pie
You: oh. that sucks.
Stranger: My sister always make one
You: To sell to America?
Stranger: I'm allergic for apples
Stranger: no
Stranger: just for eat here in our house
Stranger: you understand?
You: that's awesome. I wish I could make dutch apple pies in america.
Stranger: I think you can do that
You: I'll have to ask someone.
You: I think you can only have them imported
Stranger: I think you can make an apple pie too
Stranger: but than it's an american
You: Oh, I don't know how to do that.
You: I'd probably just have the housekeeper do it.
Stranger: how old are you?
You: I'm 19.
You: How old are you, Holland?
Stranger: Holland is not my name you know?
Stranger: but I'm 16
You: Oh, my bad.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

1 comment: